3.24.2011

Origin vs. Destination


Hello!

I got some great news this morning, but I'm going to take a little while to process it advance of blathering. So, I guess that this is a stop-gap affair, but I am willing to wager that you are cool with that.

In Brunswick, Maine, what to report? March 24, and it snows. 

I'm reminded of one of my favorite people, Mark Lesseraux, when New York City (where we and millions of others we living) got some kind of ludicrous blizzard on the 7th of April, 2003. That day happened also to be Mark's 35th birthday. On our way out to dinner with a handful of fine friends, we stood on a street corner in the East Village and beheld the ensnared bustling around us. 

"Yeah," he said, nodding with dismissive resignation. "There's a 'fuck you' in this." I thought for sure that he was spot-on. With weather, it is difficult not to take conditions personally; when I'm not feeling effective, doing so is a failsafe time waster. Today, however, I am feeling good, so none of that.

Before I get to talking about good news, I have to suggest that this unsung (as in "unheralded"—I guess I'll just say "unheralded" next time) song, by a well-loved artist, embodies everything that I have ever loved about songs like this (you'll know what I mean once you've heard it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plU9B51ACLQ

More soon more soon yes yes yes

1 comment:

  1. Amanda Capps12:55:00 PM

    We didn't get any good snows this year... well with the exception of a "thunder snow storm", but it's just not the same here in Maryland as it is up North.

    You know my pain.

    ReplyDelete